Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"We may only have tonight, But till the morning sun you're mine, all mine. Play the Music low, and sway to the Rhythm of Love."

I told everyone I was leaving last night.

Needless to say I think i depleted my body of all the tears that have been stored for the past 19 years. It sucks to have to leave amazing friends, but you gotta weight the pros and cons. I've been doing that for the past month, well actually a little more than that. More like almost all semester. But when i think about how much more opportunity there is at home compared to Central, South Carolina, the choice was kinda obvious. All the athletes had to attend some lecture thing the other night about careers and figuring out your future. Basically the message I got was, you need to be somewhere that you have connections and contacts. JACKSONVILLE. A place where you know people and they know you. JACKSONVILLE. Every single thing he said had this huge blinking red sign that read JACKSONVILLE! SWU is not a biology school. Yeah they have some awesome professors, but it just isn't conducive to what I want to accomplish. In one conversation my dad got me an internship with an anesthesiologist at a hospital. Where in Central, SC are you gonna be offered that?!?!

And then there is this whole other family issue. Dad will be in Texas for a year. Mom is taking my brother to doctors in Colorado and at Duke. Being home relieves so much stress on my parents and gives someone else for my brothers to annoy... can't wait for that one. NOT! But it is what's best for everyone. and for the past year and a half i've been using a butt-load of hard earned money that my parents had. It is SO much cheaper to be instate! 3 kids in private schools puts a bit of a beating on the checkbook, let me tell ya...

Oh and I just have to say it... i'm gonna be only 30 min max from the beach! :D that's right be jealous, like super jealous! lol

Shout out to my loves! Jackie, Emily, Gracie, and Mary. If your big 'ole butts aren't in Florida sometime in the next 6 months we are going to have some issues! :D <3

Title: "The Rhythm of Love" - Plain White T's

No comments:

Post a Comment